We see children of all ages. We do get a lot questions concerning first time appointments and dental care for children. Below we will address a few of the top questions.
We have a lot of patients ask what age should we bring our child to the dentists?
- We start seeing kids as soon as they get their first tooth.
- We always do a “Happy Visit” for the first visit.
- At this appointment we count teeth and explain everything we are using and doing.
What can I do to help my child not get cavities?
- Try to limit the amount of sugary foods and drinks, sodas, acidic foods, and sticky foods.
- We always suggest fluoride whether that be in toothpaste, waters, tablets, and at their 6-month checkups which we apply topically.
What if my child doesn’t want to brush their teeth?
- We recommended trying to make brushing fun.
- Whether that be playing a song that they brush to, using a child’s electric toothbrush or fun flavor toothpaste.
- Brushing their teeth should be a fun time and good brushing habits are started early (when they start to get baby teeth in).
What is the right amount of toothpaste for your child?
©2019 American Dental Association