During a dental cleaning, your dental hygienist will perform other diagnostic, preventative, and educational services besides the removal of plaque and calculus on your teeth. These include:
- Reviewing and updating your medical history
- Extra oral exam (Oral cancer Exam) including head, neck, throat, tongue, collar bone.
- Performing dental x-rays or other examinations to detect tooth decay
- Stain removal
- Removal of all plaque, calculus, and bio-film.
- Application of fluoride for kids and adults.
- Cleaning of all extra oral appliances such as dentures, partials, night guards, snore guards
- Periodontal charting-checking gums to make sure they are within normal limits.
For a Quick Reference on Home Care We Recommend:
- Brushing Morning & Night with a soft bristle toothbrush or electric brush.
- Flossing or Tooth Picking daily.
- Brushing your tongue daily.
- Avoiding Sugary & Acidic Foods/Drinks which both aid in tooth decay this includes low PH waters, sports drinks, juices, sodas, sweet tea. If you are a candy or gum person we recommend anything with xylitol sugar.