As we get older, time seems to fly by faster as we let little things slide. If we allow our oral hygiene slip during our busy lives, then we can be setting ourselves up for painful and costly consequences in the future. That is why, our dentist, Drs. Paul and Brant Stanovick with Paul R. Stanovick, DDS in Mechanicsville, Virginia, is here to remind you the simple basics of oral hygiene practices.
Here is a compiled list of the basics of oral hygiene basics:
– Visit your dentist every 6 months to have your teeth professionally cleaned.
– It is important to improve your oral hygiene and improve your life. This can be accomplished by eliminating bad habits and your life such as smoking.
– To help wash away debris in your mouth, mouthwash is useful.
– A healthy diet can go a long way in improving your oral hygiene.
– Be sure to floss every day with a reliable dental floss product. This is important to clean out debris from between your teeth.
– Do not forget to visit your dentist for routine checkups and examinations of your teeth and gums.
– Brushing twice daily is important for keeping your smile safe and free of damage.
If you follow these steps, then you can’t go wrong in doing your best to keep your smile in pristine shape. Our dental team cares for your oral health, which is why we are always happy to help you in any way we can. If you have questions about your oral health or need an appointment, please call us at 804-781-1919. We look forward to hearing from you.